"Playing with food has never been so much fun"
Classes for Parents and Tots
Thank you for interest in Little Food Explorers!
I would just like to tell you a bit more about our classes and provide you with all the information you need to book your first class.
What do the classes offer me and my child?
The programme has been designed and developed in consultation with an Early Years Specialist. I am a Nutritionist and Eating Behaviour Specialist and over the years I have spent a lot of time researching and studying food science, nutrition and the behaviour of eating. The classes are designed to help you to have fun engaging your child in food, exploring, learning to use their senses when choosing foods. They will learn to listen to and understand their bodies so that they can choose foods that are right for them.
I want to help you nurture your little one to develop a healthy relationship with food for life. In reality this just means having fun with food and relaxing while eating! This is why I am so excited about sharing this experience with you and your child and providing activities that stimulate your baby, toddler or pre-schooler to enjoy their food and understand how it affects their bodies.
How are the classes structured?
The 45 minute classes are run on a termly basis with each term having a different theme (see below for themes) so that we explore all the different areas of food whilst creating a great opportunity for you to meet other Mums. We use singing, signing, sensory play, role play, food exploration and experiments to help children understand what they are eating and decide for themselves whether they like it or not. Different activities and ways to communicate are used depending on the theme of the term
- Ready, steady…. Senses on the go (exploring the senses around food)
- Rainbow food (Exploring food colours)
- Food magic and the garden fairies (Exploring where food comes from)
- Farm food explorers (Exploring different food groups i.e all about fish, all about dairy)
- Superhero dinners (Exploring how food affects our body and emotions)
There are two classes depending on the age of your child. We run a 12mths-2.5yrs class and a 2.5yrs-4yrs class. There is some flexibility on this, especially with siblings so do contact me for further information.
Where can I attend the classes?
Classes are currently running on Mondays in Rolleston on Dove and Barton-under-Needwood.
Rolleston Scout HQ (Monday mornings)
Barton under Needwood Village Hall (Monday afternoons)
How much are the classes? First taster class is FREE
Pay as you go – £7.00/per class £6.25/per class if you pay for a full term
Pay as you go 2nd siblings – £3.50/per class £3/per class if you pay for a full term
How do the classes help with healthy eating behaviours?
- Research shows that children who explore foods regularly are more likely to try new foods
- Children who explore foods without the pressure of needing to eat it are more likely to develop a healthy relationship with food
- Practical tips are provided to avoid food battles at home and make mealtimes more relaxed for your family
- Teaches mindful eating and tuning into your senses – research shows that non-distracted and more mindful eating encourages a healthy relationship with food
- Children learn to listen to their bodies when eating and deciding when and what to eat.